Switch 2019 Spring
Enfocus inaugurates the new naming of versions with this new version of Switch, Switch 2019 Spring.
This new version brings some interesting new features, summarized in this video:
- Completely redesigned messages interface
- Contains new filters:
- A slider for viewing a from-to timeline
- Buttons to quickly filter on message type
- Text search functionality
- Improved flexibility
- Ability to submit metadata only without sending a file
- Create a direct link URL to a submit point
- Route Switch jobs out of the flow and process them remotely
- Use third-party services
- Bring back to the flow when processed
- Now has a failed connection option
- Prevents jobs from going to Problem Jobs
- Can be handled instead by other processes in a flow
Support for the legacy Switch Client has been dropped in this version.
If you have not yet switched 😉 to the Web client, DO NOT UPDATE SWITCH IN VERSION 2019 !
Connect users will need to make changes to their Connectors in order to use them in conjunction with Switch 2019 Spring.
How to update safely
Switch is your production automation system, as such it is key in your workflow, being the core of your processes.
You apply the IT motto “If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it”… and you’re right!
You are very interested in the new features of Switch 2019 Spring, but how can you update it safely?
It is key to test the update of versions outside your production, so it is necessary that you have a test environment at your disposal.
We are experts in the implementation of staging environments for Enfocus Switch, contact us so that we can set it up for you!